Copyright Violations
mattlukas

I just joined Verizon this Spring (4/2014) and received copyright violations within a week or two of my service start from something that I stupidly downloaded over 3 years ago, but just "hitting" my account somehow now.  However, they are now also associating some other music/movies on my account recently that I HAVE NOT downloaded or violated any copyright laws, but locking me out of my Internet service each time and now when I called them to try and get resolution to clear it all up I was passed along from person to person for over an hour and finally forwarded to their AAC (or whatever dept) they told me they can't do anything for me and that Verizon shouldn't have told me they could or have told me to do what I did.  I am so upset right now for being penalized for something I haven't done and can't seem to get through to the company to rectify the issue.  Does anyone have any information on who to contact or how I can get resolution to this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Copyright Violations
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mattlukas,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Copyright Violations
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Verizon Copyright Alert Program

Looks like $35 if you want to dispute the claim.             

What if I think the alerts I received are wrong?

You can file an appeal at any time after you receive your fifth or sixth alert and before the temporary speed reduction begins. The temporary speed reduction will not be implemented while your review is pending with AAA. If the AAA finds in your favor, your Internet speed will not be reduced and your review fee will be refunded. We will also remove all notices of alleged infringement from your account. If the AAA finds that the alerts are valid, the temporary 2 or 3 day speed reduction will be applied to your Internet service. The review process is confidential and the AAA will not identify you to the copyright owner(s) who have sent the notices of alleged copyright infringement unless you authorize it to do so. Please visit www.copyrightinformation.org for more information on the appeals process.

0 Likes