DHCP Option 66
asing1

I have a Westell Ultraline series 3 model 9100EM, firmware 1.03.00.08

I am looking to set-up DHCP option 66 so I can support a boot server for some devices I have.

0 Likes
Re: DHCP Option 66
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I'm pretty sure you can't do that in any of the Verizon Routers,  you may have to see if you can load tomato firmware over that router, or buy or use a second router that you may have and load tomato or dd wrt over it.   (the tomato and ddwrt firmwares, turn cheap crappy routers, into really nice high end ones, check into it)   Just remember if you have FiOS TV then you will have special considerations to keep the TV IMG and the Video on demand and widgets working properly.  

If the westell has it, it would be under the advanced/DHCP / DNS section and you would have to do a custom Dnsmasq Configuration 

If it was there, then it would be under my network  and then network connections and then the home office section. or under advanced and protocol, section

I don't remember ever seeing it though.   So I am pretty sure you can't.  

The user manual references dhcp options, but considering the last gentleman's experience, I would say that you will have trouble with it.  I posted the user manual for your benifit.

Here was another gentleman that tried to do the same thing, and westell said no, not with their rou...