Determining IP address of Ethernet device connected to my home router mi424wr
newprint
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi !
I am trying to find the IP adress of the ethernet device that is connected to mi424wr - gen2 router. 
Looked under "My Network" in router's settings, but see no ethernet devices.
Thanks !

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Determining IP address of Ethernet device connected to my home router mi424wr
Hubrisnxs
Legend

The back of the FiOS router has 5 ethernet plug in's.

Four are LAN ports (1-4)

One is a Wan Port labeled WAN and white in color.

If you're plugged into that WAN port then you probably don't have an IP and that's why it isn't showing up.

If you're plugged into a LAN port (yellow) then you should have a link light on the front.  If it's not on then you probably don't have an IP and that's why it isn't showing up.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Determining IP address of Ethernet device connected to my home router mi424wr
Hubrisnxs
Legend

The back of the FiOS router has 5 ethernet plug in's.

Four are LAN ports (1-4)

One is a Wan Port labeled WAN and white in color.

If you're plugged into that WAN port then you probably don't have an IP and that's why it isn't showing up.

If you're plugged into a LAN port (yellow) then you should have a link light on the front.  If it's not on then you probably don't have an IP and that's why it isn't showing up.

0 Likes
newprint
Enthusiast - Level 1

Apperently, device I was trying to connect to, had some info stored internally, that prevented it from connecting to Ethernet. I was able to reset it, and get it to work. Thanks !