Download speed Cap?
kumu24
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have the 25mb/25mb Fios and when I use my newsgroups I can only max out only 3.5mb.

So I use the VZ -Home program

Forward my ports

But still can't max it out or at least 5 to 10mb speed.

Router:

Firmware Version:

Model Name:

MI424-WR

Also I herd the new Firmware had some type of bug so I downgrade it, It didn't work as well.  Anyone has any solution? Thnx

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1134468482.png

Re: Download speed Cap?
kumu24
Enthusiast - Level 2

sorry forgot to add

Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done
SendBufferSize set to [261360]
running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 26.01Mb/s
running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 30.76Mb/s

------ Client System Details ------
OS data: Name = Windows 7, Architecture = x86, Version = 6.1
Java data: Vendor = Sun Microsystems Inc., Version = 1.6.0_21

------ Web100 Detailed Analysis ------
Client Receive Window detected at 261360 bytes.
45 Mbps T3/DS3 link found.
Link set to Full Duplex mode
No network congestion discovered.
Good network cable(s) found
Normal duplex operation found.

Web100 reports the Round trip time = 55.72 msec; the Packet size = 1452 Bytes; and
No packet loss - but packets arrived out-of-order 0.01% of the time
This connection is sender limited 98.19% of the time.
This connection is network limited 0.8% of the time.

Web100 reports TCP negotiated the optional Performance Settings to:
RFC 2018 Selective Acknowledgment: ON
RFC 896 Nagle Algorithm: ON
RFC 3168 Explicit Congestion Notification: OFF
RFC 1323 Time Stamping: OFF
RFC 1323 Window Scaling: ON
Information: Network Middlebox is modifying MSS variable
Server IP addresses are preserved End-to-End
Information: Network Address Translation (NAT) box is modifying the Client's IP address
Server says [] but Client says []

prisaz
Legend

Looks like you are maxing it out fine to me,

unning 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 26.01Mb/s
running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 30.76Mb/s

Perhaps your news provider just can't feed you what you want. Try giganews. Last I used them, they could fill a 35mbps pipe no problem. Not free but free is not always best.

kumu24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm trying Giganews now and I still get caped. Even with 50+ connection as well. I try using many program like Grabit, Newsleech ect.. But always get the same speed. So im pretty stumped Man Sad

Hubrisnxs
Legend

@kumu24 wrote:

I'm trying Giganews now and I still get caped. Even with 50+ connection as well. I try using many program like Grabit, Newsleech ect.. But always get the same speed. So im pretty stumped Man Sad

Try setting up multiple downloads of different files on the giganews and see if you get multiple 5 mb downloads that equal out to your 26 mb download.

if you can open multiple downloads and add upto the correct speed, then it's probably a registry edit that you could solve by either trying the verizon fios optimizer, or the one that I like from speedguide.net.

remember - if you have win 7, then you can't run these in anything less then administrator mode, for the changes to take effect

prisaz
Legend

@kumu24 wrote:

If you are talking about the number of connections made at one time, and not the download speed, that is the router. Try limiting the connections to like 20 and I bet you will find that your download speed takes off.  The NAT table in the router will cause the router to choke if you try to many connections at one time. It is not Verizon capping anything but perhaps a function of the hardware. Try fewer connections and I bet the will be faster.

If with 20 connections it is still slow, I suspect TCP setings in the registry as suggested. Use the connection optimaizer.