Drop in Upload Speed
westwindsor
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am on the 35/35 plan, and used to get 42/41 consistently...of late, its been 42/25-30, or even as low as 15...something is going on with Verizon, anyone aware of anything?

0 Likes
Re: Drop in Upload Speed
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

There are a couple of things to look for in regard to a reduction in speed

1) Are you connected wirelessly?

You could be getting some interference causing the slowdown. If you are wireless, please hardwire to the router and test again.

2) Are you uploading any files?

If you have a server set up , people may be accessing it using your upload speed. Also if you have used any torrents, please check your completed folder to see if you are seeding (sharing) the files with other people.

3) Anyone doing any online gaming at same time?

Gaming online with a computer or gaming console utilizes a lot of constant upload. Please re-run test when no one is gaming.

westwindsor
Enthusiast - Level 2

none of the above!

it really apperas that VZ is toying with the upload, it was a solid 40 for 1-yr and now varies fron 15 back to 40...download never changed, no packet loss etc...other people in my town have exprerienced the same problem, but no one at VZ has owned up to it...

the sysytem is secured, so no one can hack into it and "steal only my upload" ???

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

My upload speed on a 25/15 package has also dropped from what used to be a fairly steady 16-17 to 8-10.  No wirless, nothing changed at my end.

westwindsor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seems Verizon has chopped our upload speed in half, without messing with the download! I saw a Verizon truck and asked the installer, and he said its in the head end somewhere, the only way to get their attention is to call them..Like you, no changes on my end, but a solid 40 upload has dropped to 20-30 at best and quite variable..Good thing I have the 35/35, to take into account the slowdown...