Dynamic DNS and Actiontec router (MI424-WR)
ralphtrent1

Hello

I am trying to setup DynDNS setting on my router.  I do not have a DynDNS.org acocunt but I do have an account another DynDNS service.  Does this router force only DynDNS accounts?  I do not want to have to pay for just a name.  DynDNS does not seem to offer for free what no-ip.com does.

When I enter my no-ip account info, i cannot cnnect because the account name is an email address and the interface throws an error saying the account name must not contain an '@' .  I have also tried a changeip.com account, that one does not validate.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

RalphTrent

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Dynamic DNS and Actiontec router (MI424-WR)
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

If you look in the drop down box there a a few providers you can choose from.  From my Actiontec router I see the following DDNS providers.

0 Likes
ralphtrent1

Thanks for the reply, but I dot not have that drop down. 

I am logging in as admin, click Advanced, then Dynamic DNS.  here is my screen shot.imagereen

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2
I believe that page wants the userid and password you have with dyndns.org, rather then your routers logon.
0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

What version of firmware is on your router?

0 Likes
ralphtrent1

@tsn, I was just throwing the sink at it :-). I do not have a dyndns.org account and dont want to pay for one if there are free options out there.

@jumpin68ny, this is my firmware release: 4.0.16.1.56.0.10.14.4 (January 11, 2011).  When I check for updates, it says I am current.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ralphtrent wrote:

Thanks for the reply, but I dot not have that drop down. 

I am logging in as admin, click Advanced, then Dynamic DNS.  here is my screen shot.imagereen

Use the drop down menu to see what else is listed besides Dynanic DNS (provided by dyndns.org).

0 Likes
ralphtrent1

This is what the dropdown shows:

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Are you doing this from the advanced tab and then choose dynamic DNS?  I wonder why you don't get a choice of providers.  What rev. of router do you have?  Should be a sticker on the router.

0 Likes
ralphtrent1

Yes, Those are the steps I take.  I am not at home, but i can access the router remotely.  Can I find the rev number there?  I had this router for about  3 years or so.

I can telnet to it, can I telnet the commands the interface is blocking me from getting to?

0 Likes