Early termination
tampaipv6
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't suppose anyone has found a way to have an ETF voided?  I've had Fios service since early 2007 and am now moving to a location without Fios.  Last fall I dropped my TV services as I wasn't using them.  I made it quite clear to the rep on the phone when doing this that I would be moving once my new house was complete.  He said that would not be a problem.  I guess I should have gotten better clarification that "not a problem" really meant "not a problem to cancel and be charged an ETF later".  In any case, seems ridiculous to hit a customer of eight years such a fee, especially given the fact that I've only received a new piece of equipment once; I have certainly not cost Verizon money.

Phone rep had no interest in discussing it or escalating it; "that's our policy" over and over.

0 Likes
Re: Early termination
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Did the rep sign you up for a new 2 year contract when you dropped your TV service?

0 Likes
tampaipv6
Enthusiast - Level 3

Apparently, although it wasn't really conveyed to me clearly.  I made it clear to the rep I had a home under construction and planned to drop the service in a few months.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You probably got an email after you changed stating what you were getting.

0 Likes