East Coast Internet Slowness
scoobybri1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone else notice that connections to east coast sites is slow while anything from the west is normal? I am in Baltimore and when I run a speed test (Speakeasy or Speedtest.net) from cities such as DC, NYC, Atlanta, etc, I am getting 1Mbps or less download speed. If I run the same test between here and San Fran, LA, Seattle, etc, I get normal speeds (15+ Mbps). Is there a major pipeline down here on the East Coast?

Re: East Coast Internet Slowness
amais
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, its been terrible since mid afternoon. I'm also from MD.

ahedgepeth
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's been pretty slow/spotty for me too as far as connectivity. I'm located in Virginia. It's been dragging since this afternoon.

vlhunter
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's been so unrealiable today.... I came to the forums to see if there was something annouced.  I'm in the D.C. Metro area

ahedgepeth
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well If my double post isn't telling enough. Yeah today's been terrible. I've been having to reload and getting disconnected from remote gaming servers for most of the day. Came here to see if more people were experiencing the issue as well. Looks like I'm not completely alone.

amais
Enthusiast - Level 2

It would be nice if they had a place we could check and tell us if there is an outage or an issue...

If you call, they just run you through the usual steps, give you the "I haven't heard of any issues today" line...

WSFrazier
Enthusiast - Level 2

Pittsburgh, PA here.

I've always had rock solid connection for the past couple years I've had FIOS.

The past week has been a nightmare trying to keep a connection. Online games is where I really notice it, constant disconnects and kick outs.  Today has been the worst by far, though.

Not sure what is going on. Fellow neighbor is claiming same thing. Speed is terrible.

ahedgepeth
Enthusiast - Level 2

Getting your same issue PA. I've been getting kicked and slow login issues all day. You're right this past week or so has been pretty spotty with connectivity with today being the worst of it.

cancelthat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Horribly slow in Virginia for the last couple of hours. TV seems affected too. Unable to reliably change channels or view VOD.

This is rough, especially when you're used to 25/25 internet connection.

u7string
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a total interruption at 8:45 PM, and my connection has been painfully slow since.  Speed tests are anywhere from 128k to 1M.