Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
scoobybri

East Coast Internet Slowness

Anyone else notice that connections to east coast sites is slow while anything from the west is normal? I am in Baltimore and when I run a speed test (Speakeasy or Speedtest.net) from cities such as DC, NYC, Atlanta, etc, I am getting 1Mbps or less download speed. If I run the same test between here and San Fran, LA, Seattle, etc, I get normal speeds (15+ Mbps). Is there a major pipeline down here on the East Coast?

Contributor
amais

Re: East Coast Internet Slowness

Yes, its been terrible since mid afternoon. I'm also from MD.

Contributor
ahedgepeth

It's been pretty slow/spotty for me too as far as connectivity. I'm located in Virginia. It's been dragging since this afternoon.

Contributor
vlhunter

It's been so unrealiable today.... I came to the forums to see if there was something annouced.  I'm in the D.C. Metro area

Contributor
ahedgepeth

Well If my double post isn't telling enough. Yeah today's been terrible. I've been having to reload and getting disconnected from remote gaming servers for most of the day. Came here to see if more people were experiencing the issue as well. Looks like I'm not completely alone.

Contributor
amais

It would be nice if they had a place we could check and tell us if there is an outage or an issue...

If you call, they just run you through the usual steps, give you the "I haven't heard of any issues today" line...

Contributor
WSFrazier1

[ Edited ]

Pittsburgh, PA here.

I've always had rock solid connection for the past couple years I've had FIOS.

The past week has been a nightmare trying to keep a connection. Online games is where I really notice it, constant disconnects and kick outs.  Today has been the worst by far, though.

Not sure what is going on. Fellow neighbor is claiming same thing. Speed is terrible.

Contributor
ahedgepeth

Getting your same issue PA. I've been getting kicked and slow login issues all day. You're right this past week or so has been pretty spotty with connectivity with today being the worst of it.

Contributor
cancelthat

Horribly slow in Virginia for the last couple of hours. TV seems affected too. Unable to reliably change channels or view VOD.

This is rough, especially when you're used to 25/25 internet connection.

Contributor
u7string

I had a total interruption at 8:45 PM, and my connection has been painfully slow since.  Speed tests are anywhere from 128k to 1M.

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411