Email problem
jundem
I have outlook express and often daily when I download email it stops at like a 100 emails and doesn't resume or take those off of the server.  (my settings on Outlook are correct for removing the email from the server_ ) I am tired of it not simply downloading all of the email so I just need some idea is it a hardware, software or Fios problem?
0 Likes
Re: Email problem
prisaz
Legend

Sounds like your account is flooded with spam. You could go to the webmail site and try to access your account there. You could clean up your mailbox and check the SPAM filtering options. I have mine set to not delete spam, and then go in from time to time from the webmail and clear the SPAM box. This way if someone sends something and it gets flagged as spam it will still be there. You can have it delete spam and not save it. Try webmail. http://webmail.verizon.net/signin/

One more item to check after you fix your mail box. Under your options in Outlook Express be sure to uncheck leave mail on server. It may be under the account settings I don't remember and use a different mail client.

Message Edited by prisaz on 03-05-2009 09:09 PM
0 Likes
Re: Email problem
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3
Is it stopping because it times out ? (does it disconnect?) what error message are you getting when it stops?
0 Likes