Ethernet to actiontec= what kind of device is this considered?
redrex003
Enthusiast - Level 2

What would it be considered when chanding things like QOS, when I'm running an ethernet cord to my actiontec from the xbox.  Here is a picture. http://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc441/redrex003/?action=view&current=PIC4.png&newest=1

Re: Ethernet to actiontec= what kind of device is this considered?
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure what it is you're asking and the pictures, at least on my system, are unreadable.

Why don't you use the features available here to add pictures.  Attachments can be added at the bottom, unfortunately only one.  The little tree symbol allows you to insert and edit images into the text body.  That way everybody would be able to read what you're trying to post and they'd also escape the advert clutter that unfortunately is readable in photobucket.

0 Likes
redrex003
Enthusiast - Level 2

I dont see where to add pictures but what Im asking is when you go to set device traffic shaping, what Device do I pick for an Xbox connected directy to the actiontec router.

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Most of the time the actiontec router will list any game console as "new host". But from the looks of the pictures, it looks like yours is just called 192.168.1.250. somehow the name and the IP are one and the same. As such, when it asks for the device name, you will put in the IP. Then give it the priority that you want.