Experiencing Extremely Slow Upload / Download Speeds AGAIN - Bradenton, FL
marbleisland

Experiencing very slow internet speeds for the last few days in Bradenton, FL area (4 Mbps / 4 Mbps). The exact same issue occurred approximately 2 months ago and took over two weeks to resolve. Turns out it was an area wide equipment problem that Verizon wouldn't address until they received a sufficient number of customer complaints. Very frustrating. Paying for sub-standard service. Looking to switch to Brighthouse in the New Year as this appears to be a never ending problem.

0 Likes
Re: Experiencing Extremely Slow Upload / Download Speeds AGAIN - Bradenton, FL
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

I can definetly understand your frustration and would like to assist you. I sent you a PM to help you.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
jerseyguy2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having exactly the same issue again (except a little worse speeds 3 down/1 up)...pitiful actually...

0 Likes
LeeHoney

I'm  having the same issues in Kissimmee, FL for a few weeks now. I spoke with one rep. via live chat who seemed to have fixed the problem only to have it reoccur again a few days later.  Another guy I spoke with just hung up on me, another guy just didn't get it, and now I'm just fed up. My Husband wants to run wires through out the house, because the only PC that works is the one connected directly to the router via a wire. I thought the hole point of being wireless was to omit wires! When I go to speedtest.net 90% of the time it won't load, the other 10% I'm looking at 4.xx/0.5x

I want to get another rep on the phone but I just need to leave it alone right now, I'm so frustrated, I don't want to take it out on the rep, I know it's not their fault. 

I switched to Verizon last January and enjoyed it until a few weeks ago, now I'm thinking about brighthouse again?!?!?!

0 Likes
Re: Experiencing Extremely Slow Upload / Download Speeds - THIRD TIME IN ONE YEAR - Bradenton, FL
marbleisland1

Here we are, 9 months later and I am AGAIN experiencing slow internet speeds. I am paying for fios speeds of up to 50/35 but am seeing 5/15 instead. This problem keeps recurring time and time again. Tech support refuses to do anything because I can get normal speeds to my nearest hub, but ANY hub beyond that is useless. When I do speed tests using other methods, I show slow speeds. I was on the phone with tech support for 2 hours only to be told that all the network technicians and gone home.

This problem crops up every so often. Tech support will not address the issue until a sufficient number of customers call in to complain. Each time the problem is finally solved weeks later and was due to some sort of equipment failure on Verizon's end.

Speedtest.net testing out of Ft. Myers is giving me 5.84 Mbps down and 14.87 Mbps up.

Speakeasy.net testing out of Atlanta is giving me 11.45 Mbps down and 23.54 Mbps up.

In the past I my router has been replaced and I have been told that the problem is with all of my computers. Hmmmm... I pay over $200 per month for fios service which includes tv and digital phone. I recently renewed my contract for 2 years thinking that this problem would not come back but it has for the THIRD time in one year. I have a 30 day money back guarantee with no penalty if I cancel my contract. At this point, I am so frustrated that I will be calling Verizon to cancel my service effective the end of the month.

0 Likes
Re: Experiencing Extremely Slow Upload / Download Speeds - THIRD TIME IN ONE YEAR - Bradenton, FL
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes
Driftersdr

I'm having the same issue and I am also in Bradenton. I spent 35 minutes on the phone today explaining that the connection was super slow, I've been lucky to get ANYTHING the rep told me. Fantastic. Anyway they said it would be fixed by 8/15 ? Really? Oh and I was also told I would still have to pay for the internet THAT I CANNOT USE! Thanks!

0 Likes