FDT on pole infront of house, can't get FIOS
mc3d

ok, first I will preface this by saying that when I lived on main st in my town (williamstown nj, 08094) I had FIOS installed at that address and loved it.  When me and my wife were looking at houes three years ago, fist thing we checked , FIOS? , but ended up buying a house on the one side of one street in town that we can not get FIOS.   

Now on the other side of the street the appartment complex has FIOS, down the street, 500 ft away has FIOS (and 200 ft a fiber distribution box, tan color). Right outside my house on the utility pole , right there is an FDT were the apartment ONT boxs are run to, right there, infront of my house.  For whateverr reason, that aludes me, I can not convince verizon to take my monthly payments and plug an optical cable into that FDT (I belave this is right acyrnum for the box the ONTS are pluging into), IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE.  

I have comp-sci degree, work with computers everyday and would LOVE to be able to get FIOS, I just wish someone at verizon would flip whatever switch they have to tell there systems that I can connect to the box either on the pole infront of my house, or shorley the one 200ft away in the apartment complex.  Please someone from verizon read this so I can help you take my money every month. 

THANK YOU,

0 Likes
Re: FDT on pole infront of house, can't get FIOS
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

Verizon typically doesn't respond to requests such as yours here.  You may have better luck using the FiOS forums at dslreports.

Depending on your circumstances, you may be out of luck.  Verizon has to draw the line between FiOS service areas and non-FiOS services areas somewhere.  If you're just on the non-service side of the line, there is little they will do to move the line.

If your home is in a FiOS service area but not coded properly in their database, you should be able to get that fixed.

Good Luck.