FIOS Availability - Address Update (need help!!!!)
JenRiddle

I recently moved in to a duplex...with each unit having our own designated address, as opposed to a unit #.  The unit below me shows that "FIOS IS AVAILABLE" but my address says it's not?!?!  Our neighbors have FIOS...and a Verizon tech looked at the telephone pole behind my unit and said "it's there, there's 6 spots available to utilize...but I can't install it because you have to go through Sales to purchase it, and they can't sell it to you because YOUR ADDRESS ISN'T IN THE SYSTEM AS BEING AVAILABLE FOR FIOS"....(catch 22, huh?)

So...how do I add my address????  Seems easy enough considering a VERIZON tech physically inspected the pole, confirmed there is INDEED FIOS...wrong.

The Verizon Tech has continued to make attempts at helping me...by contacting engineering, etc.  He's been an awesome Tech by keeping in contact with me about his progress...but he's even hitting walls.

I've made several calls to Verizon Customer Service, but they all are unsure how to help (not their fault, but they clearly have no way of contacting the CORRECT PERSON who adds addresses to the system). 

I have the SLOWEST speed of dsl available...that's all that VERIZON could offer me based on my address.  This means, my SMART TV keeps losing connection...my laptop keeps losing connection...my Pandora through DirecTV keeps losing connection. 

Feeling EXTREMELY frustrated and feeling helpless!!!!

I NEED HELP!!! 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Availability - Address Update (need help!!!!)
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JenRiddle,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Availability - Address Update (need help!!!!)
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

JenRiddle,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to look into this for you. If you ever need assistance in the future please let us know.

Thank you,
Amanda_M

0 Likes