FIOS Download Speed Extreamly Slow!
ivbec

For more than a year I've had the FIOS 15/5 plan and its been running great. Starting last month my download speeds have dropped from 20 Mbps to as low as 280 Kbps. This isn't even DSL speed! My upload speed has remain constant at 5 Mbps.

I've been on the phone with tech support 5 times in the past month. The first time the sent me a new router. When that didn't work to sent a tech who ren all the different speed tests both on my computer and on his laptop whch had the same results. He called someone at the CO and they changed my ONT for a new one. Download speed did not improve. The tech told me I had a serious problem but he had done everything he could.

A few days later 2 techs came, they repeated the same tests rebooted the router and ONT and changed the coax cable from the ONT to the router. Download speed did not improve. I called tech support again, he had me run all the troubleshooting tests again, rebooted router and ONT. When that didn't help he rebuilt my cross connections. Finally after all that set an appointment for techs to come and I was told to have the call networking. They showed up the next day, 2 hours late by the way. When I told them they needed to call FSC they said that wouldn't be necessary.did all the same things last 2 techs did to no avail. After they left I called tech support again and arranged to a tech to come again the next day. This time the instructions to call FSC was in the ticket.

Well, the same 2 technicians showed up the next day and this time they did call FSC. They just repeated what they did the day before. By then I was really starting to loose it and starting to dispair.

Being a glutten for punishment I called again 2 days later. This time they sent a pair of techs who seemed to know what they were doing. Over the next 3 hours they worked with FSC first to rebuild my cross connections. When that didn't work they called the CO and the technician made some kind of changed on the PON and for awhile I was getting a download speed of 29 Mbps. when they finished they switched it back to 15 Mbps. It seemed to be working but the tech at the CO said that the speed varied a little and told them that my fiber is dirty and that they should clean it. It turns out they didn't have the tool to clean the fiber so it never got done.

Does anyone in support know how to fix this or don't they even care? My job includes evaluating software which I need to download and can't. I dread the thought of going back to cable but if this isn't fixed I may have no choice.

This Must Get Fixed NOW!!!

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Download Speed Extreamly Slow!
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes