FIOS Internet/Voice has been down for weeks-Albany, New York
Bhingi

My Internet service has been getting slower and slower since I renewed my FIOS contract last month.

Today I got tired of the service and decided to call. When I could not hear or understand the first agent, I asked for another. Same issue. I asked if I was callig the US. The woman replied, no, the Phillipines. 

Bandwidth throtteling?

Weather problems in the Phillipines?

Who cares?

The rates are rediculous and the service is very, very, bad.

Should have switched to the competitor.

Will write a letter to the New York State Attorney General's Office.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Internet/Voice has been down for weeks-Albany, New York
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Bhingi,

We're sorry to hear that you're having problems with your Internet service. Are you having this problem while connecting via WiFi or while connecting with a wire instead? We ask because WiFi is susceptible to interference and distance limitations that could cause it to go slower. If you can test with a wire directly from the router to your computer, this will give us an accurate representation of whether or not your service itself is the issue or the WiFi signal instead. Also, resetting the router by holding the reset button on the back for 15 seconds could possibly help. Let us know when you get a chance.

Thanks,

CJ

0 Likes
Bhingi

What "wire" are you talking about?

Re-setting the router was done before the phone call.

How about VERIZON looking into the problem in my area; the trucks have been on my street since early this morning.

The Internet is slower than usual. Please provide a professional and accountable explanation.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Bhingi,

We do apologize, Please come through our secure chat so we can further assist you.

Click here.

~huy

0 Likes