FIOS Internet stops connecting - UPS related?
wgarth
Enthusiast - Level 2

My FIOS Internet stopped working about a month ago.  After going through the troubleshooting process with customer service, they scheduled a tech to come out and see what was wrong. 

The tech replaced my older router and the UPS. 

However, the UPS seems to be disconnecting the internet service.  If the battery is connected, the internet service stops working after a minute or so. 

I have been leaving the battery disconnected so that I don't lose internet service. 

I had left the battery disconnected after the initial repair because the tech commented that there was a software update that needed to push down, and until that happened, the service would continue to be interrupted. 

Frankly, the only reason why I even care at this point is the incessant beeping of the UPS.  It's in my garage and inconvenient to walk to and hit the "Alarm Silence" button each time it starts to beep. 

Has anyone else had this experience, and what was the solution? 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Internet stops connecting - UPS related?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I have never heard of a situation where when plugged in the internet stops working and when unplugged it starts working. I know this post is a couple days old, have you called in already to have this addressed? Please reply back if not that way we can take a look at this.

0 Likes
wgarth
Enthusiast - Level 2

This was part of my original service call.  I called my tech yesterday since he was kind enough to leave me his card.  He stated that it's likely that the cable between the UPS and the ONT needs to be replaced.  I am setting up for a new service call momentarily. 

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I understand. If any other assistance is required on this please reply back so we can help out.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'd get that BBU/Wall Wart for the ONT replaced. Sounds like something is not quite working well with the switching or power management on there.

0 Likes