FIOS internet frequent outage
robphillips1

I have been using FIOS internet for my business over 3 years.  About 6 months ago our FIOS started dropping off cyclically every 2 minutes for about 20 seconds.  Constantly.  I had changed nothing... same router same switch same computers same cabling same everything.  The computers are hardwired into the router and no wireless is used for internet.    FIOS came out and replaced the box hanging on the back wall.  Still didnt fix it.  They then suggested I change out my router and switch.  Still didnt fix it. (Cost me $400 though.)  We keep going back and forth over what is causing it.  I keep getting weird advice from FIOS phone techs.  (Like the wireless handset are cauding it even though Ive had the same handset for over 7 years) The outages are getting worse.. more frequent for longer periods.) to the point where I am losing business.  The tech on the phone says he sees the outages and that we are dropping a lot but doesnt know why.  (They all say the same thing.  They even try to sell me faster internet speeds.  Which I would be all for if the internet actually WORKED).  ANOTHER tech is coming out Tuesday.  If they cannot fix it, then I will be switching services.  I hate to do that since all my internet, TV and cells phones are with VZ.  Any ideas why my internet keeps dropping so much?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS internet frequent outage
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Have the tech check the light readings on the fiber coming in at the ONT to make sure that they are good. Also have the tech check the BBU and PSU units to make sure that they are the correct models for your ONT.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS internet frequent outage
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi robphillips1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes