FIOS transmission box
jtk2112

imageThere is a box on a telephone pole along my street that has popped open.  The writing inside the box refers to "fiber management," and the wires running from the box seem to run to the telecomm lines on the pole.  This makes me think that the box is a Verion box.  The box is located on 7th Street South in Arlington, VA west of Glebe Road.  It's been open for over a week, with the wires inside getting rained on.  

I tried to communicate this problem to Verizon by calling, but after being placed on hold for almost an hour the call dropped.  The phone trees don't have any sort of option for reporting damaged or downed Verizon lines or equipment, even though Arlington County tells us to report those problems to Verizon.  Nor was I able to find any sort of option to e-mail Verizon about the problem on the website.  This should be addressed. 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS transmission box
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Without seeing the picture (It needs to be approved by a Moderator first) the best thing to do is to call Phone Repair. That would be at the main 1-800-VERIZON number. When you dial that, you can use the option for Phone Repair to report a problem or you can press 0 at the phone tree to get to someone.

0 Likes