FIOS unusable for past few days
Bchonigman84

Over the past 3 or 4 days, my FIOS internet has become almost unusable.  I used to average speeds of about 85 Mb/sec, sometimes higher.  About 3-4 days ago, this dropped to about 70 Mb/sec.  Today, when I had trouble even accessing verizon's website, I tested it again, and my download speed is now 0.43 Mb/sec.  I've tried rebooting the router, adjusting the MTU, and all the other technical tips I've seen posted on here recently.  Nothing has helped.  I am no longer able to use Skype, or watch Youtube videos.  

I've tried several times to get in touch with tech support, but I always get so frustrated that I give up after holding for 45 minutes or so.  I also tried the online chat help, but the wait time was 43 minutes, and I figured I'd try posting here instead to see if anyone has any advice.

Thanks very much.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS unusable for past few days
Bchonigman84

I just also want to note that this is a wired, not wireless connection.  I've also used my laptop to make sure that there is no spyware/virus issue on my computer causing this, but I have the same results.

Also note that UPLOAD speeds have been largely unaffected.  Latest test I just did shows DL of 0.55 Mb/sec and UP of 39.28 Mb/sec.

0 Likes
danny841

I'm having the same issue.  Youtube videos get stuck, Gmail loads forever or complains that connection taking to long, etc.

Also about two months ago I started getting random disconnects on the router.  Whats going on with FIOS?

0 Likes
Jasonl2
I am having the same issue in Texas. Called support, they reset my IP, but no luck. Some web pages are ok but YouTube is unusable and things like Apple AppStore are nonfunctional. The tech mentioned something about a problem and that it would be posted on the site, but I have no idea what site he was talking about. I haven't seen anything posted by Verizon about the outage or when it will be fixed.
0 Likes
msamper

Hello.

I live in NYC and a few days ago I started noticing exactly the same behavior. This is a screenshot of the verizon speed test. I contacted support and they told me to replace the router but I refused because this is clearly not related to the router.

The test is done through a wired connection, yesteday it was the same and after 40 minutes on the chat, the service came back to normal, today is broken again.

I have a 50/25 connection

0 Likes
Bchonigman84

Thanks for the replies, everyone.  I'm glad to know it's not just me.  I also live in NYC like the last poster.

Hopefully this problem will resolve itself...

0 Likes
danny841
just this page takes forever to load.
0 Likes
gamer99
Contributor - Level 1

OUTAGE in TEXAS and NEW YORK for Fios Internet. 

0 Likes
qtippy

I'm having same issue here in north Texas.

Majority of Youtube vids doesn't load at all, though they can be downloaded from keepvid.com. Gmail is slow as molasses. Many pages take forever or fails to load because they have ads (from external domains) that keeps trying to download. It feels very much like a DNS issues.

Actual download speed once dns is resolved seems to be normal.

0 Likes
tesrey

I too am in north Texas and am having the same issues with my FIOS. Netflix is unusable and I get "cannot connect to the itunes store" on all of my devices.

Very frustrating...

0 Likes