leeplus3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Fios was installed in my neiborhood several weeks ago. How long before service is available?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

It usually takes a few months once the fios cables are run to go live.

View solution in original post

Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

It usually takes a few months once the fios cables are run to go live.

prisaz
Legend

I agree with Telcoguru.

I was the first drop off of the main trunk coming from the hub, special situation. I kept asking daily can I get it can I get it? The main burial box is behind my house. They did a first install for me with a temporary cable on the ground, for which the ticket kept getting closed to come back and bury it. So I trenched 12"-18" for about 40ft, and the rest is buried shallow along my fence line in my yard. I keep orange line marking paint for when ever I see markings, I must mark mine, and it was a first cable with no metal leader, so it it goes undetected with the utility markings. All others it took six months for the branch lines and sub boxes to be installed out front, and I have one in my front yard 15 feet from my old copper NID. Is mine better being first off the hub, and run though to the front in a conduit I had run for them from the back through my ceiling? Not sure, but I was #4 to get upgraded from BPON 75/35 to GPON 150/65.

Back in the first installs 2005, they were keeping a database of requests for prioritizing installs. Be persistent.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

When it becomes available the doot to door sales people will be buzzing around like flies.

Qwerty210

In October of last year, our co-op received a letter from Verizon's FiOS engineers, the Kenton Group, saying that FiOS would be coming on to our block and asking for access permission. I signed the form and sent it. In December, I received a call saying that the form had been lost or misplaced. I faxed it again. I also confirmed that access to the backyard was through my apartment. (The original letter said that you're "working hard" to get FiOS on to our block, and I was told in the call that it would probably take place in June 2014.)

We have heard nothing from Kenton or anyone else since.

I have called or e-mailed Verizon several times in an effort to find out when we're scheduled to get FiOS access. No one has provided any information. Most recently, in July, in response to an e-mail message, I received an e-mail signed with the weird name "Magali" (no surname) saying that my question would be "forwarded to the Fios [sic] requests for multitenant buildings." (How do you forward something to a request?) And that I'd receive a reply "within 24 to 48 business hours."

I didn't receive any reply at all. And I have heard NOTHING since.

What's going on?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hope you get it, but this forum is not your best route to contact Verizon.  Its Peer to PEER.

0 Likes