FiOS Internet Outage?
paramexican

Anybody else in the Montclair NJ area experiencing an Internet Outage? My router has all green lights on and they're flashing activity. I called Tech Support on Weds, went through the usual turn it off and then back on and was told to call back in 24 hours. I did, and was told that "they're working on it" with no actual acknowledgement of the outage or any sort of time frame to them getting it back online. Just wondering if anyone else is going through the same thing?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: FiOS Internet Outage?
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Good to see that you are back on the Internet

0 Likes
paramexican

I'm not back online at home. I'm at work presently, but thanks for the well-wishes.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

We did have an outage of Internet and phone service here a few nights ago.  TV kept working.

I called tech support and they told me someone had knocked down some FiOS cable a mile or so from here; they were working on it; and service was expected to be restored by 6 AM.  All that turned out to be correct.

You might try calling tech support back to ask them if they can give you an actual estimate of when service will be restored.

0 Likes
Snookered2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Next door neighbor (Mtc) has FIOS.  They like fast! 

A couple of incidences while speaking on the telephone, I heard much static. 

Another incident is, when FIOS went out completely.  The pole is a few feet

away from there home; but, the technician discovered the main box was 3

blocks away.  Yes, they had to make an appointment, which was x days. 

The recent storm power outages, that included FIOS.  Thank goodness for

landlines.  I was able to call family & friends (cable outage) mobile phone.

FIOS still has its issues.  Good luck!

0 Likes
laughingalltheway

We live near Mountainside Hospital in Glen Ridge, NJ. We have been without Verizon Fios internet since the evening of May 9th. First they sent us a new router, but that didn't fix the problem, then they repeatedly gave us estimates of when the outage would be fixed. It started working on the morning of May 15th, but then went out again on Friday, May 17th.

This morning they told me that it would be fixed by 12:00 pm today. It STILL is not fixed. Apparently there are 56 houses that are connected to this outage.

0 Likes