• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Gold Contributor I
lasagna
Plan: Prime HD 50/25

Re: FiOS ONT

I know the port adapters of which the OP speaks ... they're typical in older 7xxx series routers and they are notorious for their inability to negotiate or correctly negotiate full duplex.  Nailing the opposing end up as a full-duplex is really the only solution.  Two ports on a managed switch (which is also serving the internal network) dropped into a dedicated/non-routed VLAN is the easiest way to resolve this if you have that gear already installed -- just need to be careful no one picks up the isolated VLAN with the other switch ports when making configuration changes.

Contributor
sayengar
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

So I guess my two choices are to run an extra VLAN on a switch or pick up a PA-2FE-TX.

So the PA-2FE-TX would be cleaner, and the VLAN cheaper.  I have some thinking to do.  Thanks for the help, Lasagna!

Peace...  Sridhar

Gold Contributor I
lasagna
Plan: Prime HD 50/25

In my case, there's almost always a 24 or 48-port switch installed nearby in the same rack with the 7xxx series router.  So nabbing two ports and dropping them into an isolated VLAN and nailing one of the ports to be 100/fd is usually a quick and easy ... albeit less eloquent .. solution.     One positive ... inserting the switch in the middle also allows quickly defining a span port in case I need to troubleshoot something on the WAN side of the 7xxx series router.  Hope it works out for you.

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411