FiOS Roadmap
jwguillory

I have been a Verizon customer for over 10 years.  I waited patiently for Verizon to bring DSL service to my area.  Never knowing when it was going to show up.  What I would like to see is a road map of when and where FIOS will be available.  I live in an area that is only service by Verizon.  (Missouri City, Texas)  Since I work in the computer industry, I need faster internet access.  Because of the horrible service cable provides, I do not want to give them another try.  I would just like to know when I can expect it my area.  There are a number of people in my area that are wanting this service.  Please post some type of time table when it will become available.  One of the main reasons I hear this frustration is because no one wants to sign up for a long term contact with the cable company only to have FIOS show up shortly afterwards.  I would really like to hear your comment on this.

Joseph 

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Roadmap
mleduc35651
Contributor - Level 2

Hello,

These forums have a banner at the top that explain this is a place where users help other users. You seem to be phrasing this as a request to Verizon itself. Some Verizon techs do stop by occasionally and try to help but this is more with technical issues.

What you are asking for has been asked for many times by many people. Every week there are posts from people asking when Verizon will be in their area. Verizion has repeatedly stated they won't provide future plans.

Here is a news story talking about the end of the initial rollout of FIOS.

http://www.broadbandreports.com/shownews/First-Phase-Of-Verizon-FiOS-Build-Coming-To-An-End-106349

Now if your town/state already passed the phase of negotiating rollout to your area and a project was begun it might still be completed but if not then you are not likely to see FIOS in your area anytime soon. There has been no indication on when Verizon might consider phase 2 and start new rollouts. It will depend on how long it takes to get them to be happy with their uptake in the phase 1 markets and have some cash to spend as phase 1 was not cheap.

Re: FiOS Roadmap
NVaZN

I am in the same boat as jw and live not too far from Missouri City. Although the forum may not be the place to ask, maybe someone has seen a blog or forum that states this or gives people an idea.

0 Likes