FiOS available in Apartment Building, but not available in All Apartment Units - STRANGE ...
byang1

I'm about to move to the Bella Vista Condominiums in Arlington, Virginia.  According to the Condominium Association, Verizon Fios should be available.  When I "check availability" for Verizon FIOs, it says it is available for some apartment units in the building but not for others in the same building.

I've calling Verizon TWICE and chatting with a representative once. 

Call 1 - Rep said she couldn't do anything and hung up on me.

Chat 1 - Rep said to call Verizon Customer Support and said that my address was not "built into the system." (apparently, my particular apartment unit isn't in Verizon's database but others are).

Call 2 - Rep was very helpful.  Told me that he was trying to contact the local Verizon operations office to figure out what was going on.  Rep acknowledged that FiOS appeared to be available in the building.  Rep said that he would call me back in 1-2 hours after talking with the engineering department.  I was very hopeful that something would get done.  Unfortunately, I haven't heard from the Rep since the phone call.

Does anyone have any suggestions on who to try to contact next?  I'm very interested in Verizon FiOS service and I know that Verizon FiOS is available in my building.  Unfortunately, the "check availability" feature is not working properly and this is preventing me from getting and paying for service.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS available in Apartment Building, but not available in All Apartment Units - STRANGE ...
byang1
0 Likes
Re: FiOS available in Apartment Building, but not available in All Apartment Units - STRANGE ...
byang1

bumping to see if anyone has any idea ... I've been calling and emailing without a clear resolution.  I don't understand how Verizon FiOS can be available for some apartments but not for others in the EXACT SAME BUILDING.  Has anyone ever had this problem?

I keep asking and getting vague answers about how it's "unavailable according to the verizon database" and how it's "physically blocked."  I don't know why this would be the case.

Any ideas would be helpful ...

0 Likes