FiOS not available. Only building on block.
loyalcus

Hi, I have been waiting for FiOS for well over a year at my current address. (07304 zip code)

I can see the fibres on the poles and before I moved into the building in April of 2011, the super intendant told me verizon technicians already came by to look at the rooms and draw up plans for FiOS installation.

I checked the buildings around the area and saw FiOS was already available in those buildings.

I also confirmed with the management company that they signed an agreement with Verizon.  In their words "now it's up to Verizon to pull permits."

In fact, when I talked to a technician about six months ago that was installing fios for another customer in a building across the street, he expressed surprise my building still doesn't have it.  In his words "the whole block has been wired up for months."

I emailed {edited for privacy}, who's listed as point of contact for tenants and owners of MDUs about the situation a few weeks ago.  I never received a reply. http://www22.verizon.com/about/community/nj/technology/fttp_mdus.html

Can someone clarify the situation for me?  Has deployment completely froze, specifically in Jersey City?  Can I expect Verizon FiOS in my building {edited for privacy} Jersey City, NJ 07304) at all?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS not available. Only building on block.
loyalcus

I got an email on 4/23/2012 that this case has been escalated to a support case but I still haven't heard from anybody.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS not available. Only building on block.
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

@loyalcus wrote:

I got an email on 4/23/2012 that this case has been escalated to a support case but I still haven't heard from anybody.

Did you click on the link in the email to go directly to your private support case to interact with the support agent?

You can also access it from your profile by clicking on your forum username and clicking on the link under the heading "My Support Cases" in your profile.

0 Likes