FiOS outage after service upgrade
askldjd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have Verizon FiOS internet 25/25 Mbps for well over a year and everything worked well. Last night, I upgraded the service to 75/35 Mbps through MyVerizon, and the internet service is out since then.

I checked my router, and the WAN address is 0:0:0:0, so I am not being assigned an IP address. I called up Verizon support, and after an hour of frustration and confusion, it was no help. The support folks has no idea what to do, except to constantly ask me to check my router lights.

I am surprised that Verizon would cut off service for customers that upgrades their service. Has anyone experienced this before? Any hints on this?

Thanks

... Alan

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FiOS outage after service upgrade
askldjd
Enthusiast - Level 1

After a bunch of phone calls, my router got an IP address 23 hours after the upgrade order. The upgrade hasn't happened yet, but at least connection is back up.

Apparently it is possible to lose connection for awhile if you decide to upgrade.

... Alan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
wraujr1
Contributor - Level 1

I would start by shutting down computers, powering off verizon router, maybe even remove power from ONT (although battery backup may keep it alive).

Power up ONT, wait three minutes.

Power up Verizon Router, wait one minute.

Power up set top boxes.

Power up your PC and see what happens.

Sometimes when configuration changes, its best to start from all powered off....

0 Likes
askldjd
Enthusiast - Level 1

After a bunch of phone calls, my router got an IP address 23 hours after the upgrade order. The upgrade hasn't happened yet, but at least connection is back up.

Apparently it is possible to lose connection for awhile if you decide to upgrade.

... Alan

0 Likes