FiOS problems with site access
McDuck
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having difficulty accessing two services since last week. Xbox Live seems to a known problem. The other is www.logos.com, which I rely upon for school work. I checked and the site is fine. It's only malfunctioning on FiOS. There are people on my street who are experiencing similar problems.

Your live chat functions don't work. It takes forever to get through on the phone. And no one seems to be replying here. Will someone from tech support please respond?

I never had this problem with Comcast. I get offers to switch back every couple of days. Do something, please.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS problems with site access
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes
billrp
Enthusiast - Level 2

So three days and Verizon Fios customers still can't reach www.logos.com???   And now N. Virginia to Maryland has broken internet connectivity???

When will Verizon fix their routers???  What does it take??? Tech support is swamped, and support chat has a 30 minute (and growing) wait!!!

What's up???  Another router virus?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

The outage in MD + N Va is probably swamping the call centers. 

Note www.logos .com works fine from my locatation.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@billrp wrote:

So three days and Verizon Fios customers still can't reach www.logos.com???   And now N. Virginia to Maryland has broken internet connectivity???

When will Verizon fix their routers???  What does it take??? Tech support is swamped, and support chat has a 30 minute (and growing) wait!!!

What's up???  Another router virus?

Verizon is NOT blocking access to that site, I just got to it just fine from my FiOS connection here in North Texas. Your problem is almost certainly a setting in a "bogon" filter either at the site itself or some site between you and them, and it that filter that is blocking your IP address (not something that Verizon can fix). This happens pretty regularly to users of all ISPs when the ISP acquires a new block of IP address. Frequently some part or all of the new block of addresses have been used in the past for SPAMing people, phising, or other nefarious uses, so the filters are set to block traffic from those addresses.

Have you recently been given a new IP address by Verizon? I would bet you have. You can try turning off your router overnight, and when you turn it on again you will probably have a new IP address, and hopefully it will be on a different address range that will not be blocked at the other end.

If you are interested in learning more about bogon filters, Google it, there is lots of info available.

Verizon does not need to fix their routers, there is nothing broken.

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

logos.com is working just fine for me on my DSL connection...

0 Likes