Namronorman
Contributor - Level 2

When your only local competition is Comcast, I guess you don't have to provide a great product. Everything is slow. This is a regular occurance. It's getting worse.

YouTube loads like garbage.

Netflix loads like garbage

Imgur loads like garbage.

I see peering congestion with Above.Net, XO, Cogent, and even Level 3.

Verizon is a bully. They can't even provide good LTE coverage in major metro areas without it being terrible.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Since you're posting the same gripe(s) over and over and over, I have to ask....why don't you just switch to Comcast?  It's obvious that Verizon will never satisfy you and you're fortunate that you at least have a choice.

I don't have any of the problems you've described but if enough people do, and they vote with their checkbooks, maybe it will get Verizon's attention.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS
Namronorman
Contributor - Level 2

Switching to Comcast - who are just as bad - is hardly voting with my wallet.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28818403-Packet-loss-inside-Verizon-s-network

I was experiencing 3-5% packet loss yesterday starting in the afternoon and all throughout the evening. I work from home and connect to my employer's network via VPN. They use a Verizon enterprise connection with BGP. I had packet loss to them several hops before their router - all within Verizon's network.

The routing into my employer's network will hit Verizon regardless of which ISP you use to get to them and when Verizon is running terrible - which is does often lately - it affects quite a lot of people.

0 Likes