Fios Internet intermittent slow speed
wjdav43

slow speed....but when I disconnect my telephone connection in the back of my VDSL Modem and then reconnect the telehone line speed returns to normal...what does this mean??

0 Likes
Re: Fios Internet intermittent slow speed
Hubrisnxs
Legend

usually means, something is causing it to slow down and then a reboot forces it to resync at the highest possible VDSL sync rate, OR it forces the actiontec to look for a new wifi channel to connect with.

If you let us know if you are wireless or wired it will help.  

0 Likes
wjdav43

wired...again i am only disconnecting the telephone wire then reconnecting it and my speed returns to normal...i am not rebooting/retarting anything

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

if you disconnect the phone line, that severs the link between the Central office and that modem.   It has lost sync, and then when you reconnect it, it re-establishes dsl line sync. 

0 Likes
wjdav43

Do you have any suggestions how this can be resolved without me having to disconnect it every time my speed drops?....I had Verizon tech's come to my home probably six times now without any positive results and they have changed my wireless router and VDSL model several times without any success.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@wjdav43 wrote:

Do you have any suggestions how this can be resolved without me having to disconnect it every time my speed drops?....I had Verizon tech's come to my home probably six times now without any positive results and they have changed my wireless router and VDSL model several times without any success.

Are the techs checking the quality of your signal coming TO the DSL Modem and TO the shared ONT? VDSL is more succeptable to being disconnected or having issues due to marginal lines than ADSL2+ or ADSL is.

0 Likes