Fios Quantum cable box lag in response time.
jeffor01

I recently upgraded to Fios Quantum.  All of my equiptment was upgraded and I now have the ability to record 7 or so shows at once.  However, Ihave found a few really annoying bugs with this upgrade.

1. There is a lot of lag in remote control response time while using the guide.  When i hit the button on the remote it takes a few seconds before the action on the guide is complete. A little while ago I hit the record button to record the current show that was on (no other shows were recording or playing in any other room in the house) and it literally took 12 seconds before it showed that it was now recording or that I could do anything else.  In other words it was frozed or "working" for 12 seconds.  I did this several times just to be sure and every time it took that long.  That has been going on since I upgraded.

2.  When playing a recorded show back, and using the "jump forward" feature through the commercials, it will jump forward a few times then suddenly it jumps WAY back to somewhere near the beginning of the show.  I then have to fast forward the entire show to get back to where I need it to be.  Very annoying.  

Are there any reasons know for this?  Any fixes, or updates that will correct these annoying bugs?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Quantum cable box lag in response time.
jeepmattDE
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is 1 of over 100 current bugs with the Quantum software.

Early rumor is we'll see a fix on 9/11

0 Likes
Grumpy75010

We have the exact same issues in addition it is not uncommon that a recording is garbled or pixilated. 

0 Likes
optivity
Contributor - Level 3

"Early rumor is we'll see a fix on 9/11"

9/10 or 9/12 would be better.

0 Likes
chrismnj

I got my quantum yesterday.  Install was a snap.  (I was already using the advanced router).

Fios provides everything needed.  New component cables and HDMI cables as well.

Not only is there no lag, the menus on the set top boxes are much quicker to load and more responsive.  So far I am very satisfied. 

0 Likes
omlifecrew1

My experience is quite the opposite.  Have had Fios Quantum tv for 3 months now and everything lags.  The menus take forever to load, DVR sits in limbo before it plays shows, recording a series takes over a minute before the remote becomes responsive again.  Too many issues to list.

0 Likes
allchips

I have the same issue. I thought a software upgrade would fix this but going on 3 weeks now.  I cant take it anymore and very close to changing service unless this gets fixed.  It seems like I downgraded....

0 Likes
relic65

Ever since we switched to the newest dvr to record more shows etc. We have had the same problem.

0 Likes
LostinDE
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had the issue of an EXTREMELY slow response from my FIOS Quantum cable box.  At first it was just fine, then over time it slows down dramatically.  I have found that I need to power off the box and re-boot it about once a week to keep response times tolerable. I have looked on the discussion postings and have seen NOTHING that relates to an actual fix.  At first I thought I had a defective box, but seeing all the posts about the same problem, I have to assume that the problem is a software/firmware issue and that Verizon has not addressed the issue properly.  If the problem continues, I will switch back to my old cable box and drop the Quantum service which is nothing but a headace with the SLOW response time for commands to execute.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Suggest a reboot from the support menu weekly.

I haven't seen this problem.   BUt occassionally other funnies have happened.

Smiley Very HappyI remember DISH, at least with earlier version of its DVR, solved these problems crudely.  THe changed the boxes to reboot nightly.Smiley Frustrated

0 Likes