Fios Wireless
Koolken1
Hello, is there a plan for a faster wireless outer or dual band router? I had a much better wireless experience with my Linksys wireless router.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Fios Wireless
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The fastest Wireless router Verizon has for FiOS is the ActionTec MI424Wr Rev. I (GEN3) and this tops at 130Mbps Wireless at the moment. In the future with a software upgrade, which should be coming quite soon 300Mbps on the Wireless will be possible. If you have any router besides the Rev. I such as the Rev. F or lower, you're at 65Mbps for the Rev. F or 54Mbps (Wireless G) theoretical. There are no dual band routers.

If you do find your Linksys provided better Wi-Fi service, you can set it up as an access point while continuing to use the FiOS router as a Wired router. To do this you simply need to disable DHCP and other routing functions in the Linksys, including the Linksys' Firewall, change the IP of the Linksys to something not within the IP address range of the ActionTec ,such as 192.168.2.1 and then connect up a LAN port of the ActionTec to a LAN port of the Linksys. This is a rough guide but there are plenty of guides online on how to accomplish this easily.