Fios available to rest of apartment except mine.
bbcheese
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon has done construction for Fios in the apartment building where I live. But I was left out. Two technicians cames out and still nothing has changed. What does it take to get Verizon to finish construction on my building so I can finally get Fios installed.

0 Likes
Re: Fios available to rest of apartment except mine.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Has anyone immediately next to you in your building ordered FiOS and had it installed in their units recently? You might need to speak to engineering to check their database if your section of the building has been wired but you cannot quality in the database for service.

0 Likes
bbcheese
Enthusiast - Level 2

The technician said that I was probably one of the first to order Fios in the building. Is there anyway to call and get in contact with engineering?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Call the typical sales/ordering line for Verizon and ask to place an order for FiOS. If they cannot lodge an order due to it stating FiOS is not available, ask them if they could put a database check in to Engineering to see if it truly is available or not. It's possible the equipment may not be turned up in your building yet, but if others are ordering and getting hooked up, doing the above should help.
0 Likes
bbcheese
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called and they said they have a ticket or something with engineering/construction about my issue. But since they don't work on weekends, she said I should call on Monday for a possible update.

The rest of my building definitely has Fios available to them. The tech showed me the terminal in the staircase and, I think he called them coyote boxes, above their apartment.

0 Likes
ColDan1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Check how they have your appartment listed, as that is wht  they did to my building

fr

0 Likes
hiwattpf
Enthusiast - Level 2

FWIW I had a similar issue 2 years ago except with a private house. All of my neighbors could get FiOS (according to the web site where you enter an address to check) but my house came up as not available, despite the underground 'box' being practically right on my lawn. Once they fixed the computer 'listing' issue, it still took another 2 months before I finally got the service.

The whole thing was quite an ordeal, repeated phone calls, until I finally got the right person on the phone.

Not much help I know but seeing your post brought back memories...

Good luck

0 Likes
bbcheese
Enthusiast - Level 2

After a few calls and repair techs that were sent to repair nothing, an engineer or someone that does the construction came by on Monday. Said he should have the construction complete by the end of the week. Called today for any update only to get someone who's probably going to send a install guy.

It's Thursday so there's still tomorrow and maybe Saturday, so there's still some hope I suppose

I should have asked the engineer for a local number I can call.

0 Likes
bbcheese
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope. No engineer/construction came that week.

Now not sure what else to do, other than to just keep calling.

They even had sales people on the block peddling the new Fios. Slap in the face.

0 Likes
bbcheese
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got a call yesterday from Verizon. Told me that the engineer and the installation guy will come on my scheduled installation date, Saturday. So when they're finished, I'll have Fios by then hopefully.

Fingers crossed.