Forgot to complete registration, now internet is slow
solomania9

When I got my new fios account, I forgot to complete the registration software the technician said I needed to install or my account would have problems in a few days. Well, it looks like he was right - after about a week of great service, I noticed that when downloading files larger than a megabyte or so, the connection speed would trickle to a halt. I did re-download and complete the registration software but I'm still having this problem. 

Nothing has changed on my end from a hardware or software standpoint that might have caused the slowdown. Will call tech support today when they open, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced similar?

0 Likes
Re: Forgot to complete registration, now internet is slow
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@solomania9 wrote:

When I got my new fios account, I forgot to complete the registration software the technician said I needed to install or my account would have problems in a few days. Well, it looks like he was right - after about a week of great service, I noticed that when downloading files larger than a megabyte or so, the connection speed would trickle to a halt. I did re-download and complete the registration software but I'm still having this problem. 

Nothing has changed on my end from a hardware or software standpoint that might have caused the slowdown. Will call tech support today when they open, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced similar?

I don't remember ever registering, can't believe that would matter.

Did you run the optimizer on the machine?

http://my.verizon.com/micro/speedoptimizer/fios/default.aspx

Re: Forgot to complete registration, now internet is slow
tns
Master - Level 2

I refused to install it on my new machine, and have no problem.  I had it originally on my previous machine, but ended up removing it.  It really is pretty basic stuff, and cannot fix anything really wrong.  You might try the fios speed optimizer, but on vista and Windows 7 it doesn't improve things noticeably.  More useful for windows XP.