Forum access is no longer possible using Residential Userid and Password
viafax
Contributor - Level 1

Am no longer able to sign in to Verizon community using  My Verizon Residential user id and password.

Apparently there has been a change in security with regard to the residential user id and password as I was prompted to enter a new password and select various options to agree with Verizon’s new security policy.  Having done that I can now log into my account details, however I still can’t access Verizon community forums.

Did the developers forget to test that functionality before implementing a major security change?????

Any hint as to when the issue will be resolved so that I can get back into the forums and post the info that I was trying to add to a problem resolution?

Last time this happened was in 2010 which is why I still have this community only account that I am using for temporary access.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Forum access is no longer possible using Residential Userid and Password
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ElizabethS wrote:

If you would like to identify the post that best represents a solution, I can mark it for you.

Hi Elizabeth

I think you could just mark this one as last night's fix appears to have resolved it all

A software fix was rolled out the night of 2/12/2015 that resolved the presumed SSO issue that was causing this problem

Many thanks to the the support staff that worked with us affected users to get to a good solution

Thanks Peter

View solution in original post

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Can't explain why you're having that problem, viafax, but FWIW, I can still sign in with my residential ID and password.

A problem I (and at least several others) was having a week or so ago was that I wouldn't stay signed in to the forums.  I had to sign back in every time I closed and re-opened my browser.  That problem seems to have been fixed for a few days.

So although I was already signed in, to test your issue I signed out and then was able to sign right back in with my normal credentials.

Again, just FWIW (or isn't worth).

viafax
Contributor - Level 1

I've never been able to stay signed into the forums.

Have you been prompted to change your security settings when logging into my verizon?  When I failed to sign into the forums using my residential id I tried to access My Verizon and was prompted to change seeting due to an upgrade to their security methods.  Had to select an image from a bunch of images, select a new secret question and answer and create a new password.  It then said it would register my machine for my verizon access and I should always see the selected image when accessing.

Interestingly having done all that when I attempted to sign in just now it's prompting me for the same rigmarole again.

Edited

Then I try again and now I can sign in with no issues to My verizon but forum access still doesn't work.  Forum access seems to recognize my userid but not the password.  If I select forgot password it prompts me for an answer to a secret question which I give it and then it allows me to enter a new password and then dumps me in My Verizon.

It's all messed up.

eljefe2
Master - Level 1

No, I haven't had to do any security update steps recently.  Maybe it depends on what part of the country you're in and I'll be seeing that sometime soon.

As for staying signed in, I don't know if this is necessary anymore, but a year or so ago I found the only way I could stay signed in after closing my browser was to use this URL to re-open my browser or a new tab:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/authentication/ssoredirectpage?action=login&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fforums...

I created a shortcut on my Quick Launch bar with that URL and it takes me back to the FiOS forums already signed in.

edit:  I use IE11 as my default browser, but as an additional test I just closed IE, opened Firefox and was once again able to signin to the forums using my residential name and pw.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

We have sent the details of your issue to the forum admin.  It's possible they may contact you directly.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

There appears to have been a cookie issue but that was resolved.  Please keep trying with your original ID, and if it hasn't resolved by Monday, let us know.

0 Likes
Ljh19
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem last night.  I had to create a community ID to post my problem with terrible speeds.

0 Likes
fablhof

I'm not able to use my residential credentials either. I had to creat a new profile. I thought it was just me but it appears that I'm not the only one

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello fablhof

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent after 48 hours.

0 Likes
viafax
Contributor - Level 1

@ElizabethS wrote:

There appears to have been a cookie issue but that was resolved.  Please keep trying with your original ID, and if it hasn't resolved by Monday, let us know.

Still not working.

0 Likes