Free DVR for life for new customers while exixting customers get ripped off
goolie13

How do all you existing loyal verizon fios cutomers fel about the fact that Veriozon Fios is offering new customers a free dvr for life while you continue to pay at least $200.00 a year for one dvr? 

0 Likes
Re: Free DVR for life for new customers while exixting customers get ripped off
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus
Moved for greater exposure
0 Likes
covalehj

I am totally **bleep** off!!!

This is one of the worst moves by Verizon.

How do they expect customer loyalty when they screw current customers FOR LIFE!!!!

Verizon, you are becoming arrogant in disrespecting existing customers.

I switched from Comcast because that is what they became. I think they might have learned their lesson.

I spend over $225 a month. I think it is time to go back to Comcast!!!

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Smith6612 wrote:

If I had FiOS, that would make me feel terrible. $200 could buy me a lot of hard drives to build my own DVR...

Need a bit more than hard drives.

Some kind of machine, some kind of OS or software, someway of interfacing to and controlling an STB.

This can be done using MCE and a device like a Hauppauge PVR which will give you the capability to record however you still need something to stream the recordings your TV's. Media streamers are available but then you need a tv or device with apps to receive the feed.

By this time you have spent at least a couple of years of DVR rental.

In my case I already had the equipment having been a BeyondTv user for many years. and when I moved over to Fios I just changed the setup slightly.

However I too disagre with giving free DVR's to life without giving the same option to existing customers, probably based on a new contract agreement.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Of course. What I forgot to point out however is I already have the spare resources around to set up a DVR. It's literally a case of connecting a few cables and powering up the machine with the disk drives installed into it. But yeah, if I were starting from scratch it'd take a few years to recoup those costs for decent hardware.

0 Likes