HBO GO - Optimizing Video
Rcosenti
HBO GO worked great for a couple of weeks on my iPad, then I started to get the following error messages. The Video Is Unavailable at this time or there is a problem starting this video. I am properly logged in, I have done a hard reset, I have deleted and reinstalled the app. Also, the app works fine on my iPhone, using the same wifi connection. Anyone else running into this?
0 Likes
Re: HBO GO - Optimizing Video
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with the app. If you are still having issues please send me a private message.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does this same problem occur when you try to use HBO Go elsewhere, and does it work when you're using it on a PC, or no? Reinstalling the app pretty much rules out the iPod, but it doesn't hurt to check!

0 Likes
zabo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have recently had this same issue with my IPAD.    HBO GO and MAX GO were both working fine on my IPAD and now every time I try to run a video, I get this error:  "There was a problem starting this video.  Please try again".      I have uninstalled this application and have not been able to get this to work.   I did try HBO GO on my computer and it works fine.    Not sure what I can do to get this application working again on my IPAD.    Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
zabo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anthony  - I have the same issue as described in this blog.    Can you assist?

0 Likes
zabo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I figured out the problem with video not playing.   The date on the IPAD was actually set for one day in the advanced.   This isn't something that is notice often since we don't use the IPAD to track Date / Time.    The problem with the video not playing was tied to the date of the IPAD being in the future and that was the issue.   Corrected the date and the movies play.   Just updating this blog in case anyone else runs into this problem.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's always annoying. Love those problems where something doesn't work because the time is off by a day or is set an hour or two into the future.

0 Likes