HELP CANNOT CONNECT NEW NOOK TOUCH TO ROUTER
jaegr1

i have connected my Ipad, DVR/Netflix, older Nook with no problem. Now it won't take the password, telling me that the network password is not correct. I know it is.  It automaticaly conects with WPA/WPA2/PSK.

0 Likes
Re: HELP CANNOT CONNECT NEW NOOK TOUCH TO ROUTER
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jaegr wrote:

i have connected my Ipad, DVR/Netflix, older Nook with no problem. Now it won't take the password, telling me that the network password is not correct. I know it is.  It automaticaly conects with WPA/WPA2/PSK.

That's good, that's the way you want to connect as it much more secure.

Or are you saying the other devices connect that way and new Nook won't ?

0 Likes
jaegr1

yes my other devices are fine, all work, except this new nook. i was on the phone with B&N today, 35 minutes with an idiot who didn't listen to anything i said, then he was going to transfer me to a supervisor; i waited another 35 minutes on hold til i got fedup. if you can help i'd be grateful!

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jaegr wrote:

yes my other devices are fine, all work, except this new nook. i was on the phone with B&N today, 35 minutes with an idiot who didn't listen to anything i said, then he was going to transfer me to a supervisor; i waited another 35 minutes on hold til i got fedup. if you can help i'd be grateful!

You don't say if you even see your home wifi network.  If you do you could try forgetting that network and then check available networks again at which time if you select yoyr home network you should get prompted to enter the password again.

I suspect you have already done that or that you don't even see your home network.  I am not a nook user but did find this thread that might be of interest to you as it does explain in detail how to perform a factory rest on the device so may be of help in your issue.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-First-Edition-Technical/Nook-Wi-Fi-problem/td-p/648362

0 Likes
jaegr1

yes my wifi shows, thanks for the link. i was able to connect it in starbucks, so was able to at least register it. happy holidays!

0 Likes
PatRI1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found the solution.  Follow the steps in the link below:

http://www.opposable-thumbs.com/2011/12/11/fixing-a-nook-simple-touchs-wireless-connection/

I too had problems connecting the new Nook touch to the FIOS router, which defaults to WEP versus the WAP protocol the Nook supports.  I spoke first with B&N and a very helpful Verizon technician on December 26, who told me that I could change the router settings to WAP or WAP2,  but as I suspected my older generation IPOD touch and laptop might not be supported, including the printers the I hooked up to the wireless.  I was ready to default to the USB cable for the Nook, when I came across the above link and set up a static link for the Nook.   Hope this helps you also

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Simple-Touch-Support/Nook-WiFi-Connection-Issues-amp-Ver...

instructions from b&n support link:

Nook WiFi Connection Issues & Verizon Actiontec Router

1. Go to your router's IP address (you may have to call your cable provider to obtain this if you don't have it or simply connect through the computer wired to the router)

2. Type in your user name and password

3. Turn on your nook

4. Click on your network within wireless settings and "Forget" the network

5. Go back to the main settings page, go to Device Info, About Your Nook, and locate the Wi-Fi MAC address

6. (This part is router specific but if you can figure out where this information is in your router, the steps should be the same) Go to Advanced --> IP Address Distribution

7. Hit the button that says Connection List

8. Look for your Nook's MAC address on your list. If it is there, press the Edit button (the notepad with the pencil) and click the box that says static IP.

9. If it is not there, scroll to the bottom and hit New Static Connection. Enter a host name (no spaces), the IP address that you want to use (be sure that it's a valid address. Look at your other addresses on the connection list page to see one within the correct number range that is available), and that MAC address from your Nook.

10. Hit apply, go back to your Nook's wireless settings, re-enter your password, and you should be good to go!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that worked for me

0 Likes