HELP WITH VERIZON EMAIL I'VE RECEIVED!!
jeff352

On November 18th I received an email asking me to verify my email address.  I opened the email, clicked the link to verify and I was then asked to enter my zipcode.  After entering my zipcode I get the following message:

"We cannot validate this email address because the address we have on file for you has been changed since this email validation notification was sent. Please ensure you are using the most recent validation request and try again."

I got the same email this evening and still I get the same message.  When I called customer service I was told to "ignore" the first email.  I've also been told by verizon custom service that this isn't spam.  I don't know how to rectify this situation and I don't want any problems.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank You

0 Likes
Re: HELP WITH VERIZON EMAIL I'VE RECEIVED!!
prisaz
Legend

It might not be spam, but could be phishing scam searching for valid email addresses to create a spam list. Ask yourself this, why would Verizon be asking you to verify your Email address? Have you made account changes, have you asked for anything else such as a subscription to their news letters or promotional Emails.

You can go to your MyVerizon account profile and select what type of Email you wish to receive from them. If you have made changes, or it is a new account, they may be asking for you to verify the address.

Just a few ideas off of the top of my head.Smiley Wink

0 Likes