HP Printer Won't Connect to Network!
charmony1334

I have read several other posts, and tried everything!!

The first five checklist items on the Wireless Network Test Report are all "PASS", and then a "FAIL" on No Filtering. I have a Verizon MI424WR Router with WPA2 security enabled. No MAC address filtering is enabled through the router.

Please help!!

0 Likes
Re: HP Printer Won't Connect to Network!
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

What HP printer is that?

0 Likes
charmony1334

All-in-one (B210E)

0 Likes
floridagal
Enthusiast - Level 2

try unplugging all connections from the printer to the computer,  then plug them back in and see if the computer will see the printer then..

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@charmony1334 wrote:

I have read several other posts, and tried everything!!

The first five checklist items on the Wireless Network Test Report are all "PASS", and then a "FAIL" on No Filtering. I have a Verizon MI424WR Router with WPA2 security enabled. No MAC address filtering is enabled through the router.

Please help!!

Was it working before?

Has it ever worked on the network?

You can look here. I believe this may help you. There seem to be very clear instructions on the HP site.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02177339&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

Let up know how it turns out.

0 Likes
TMAS2
Enthusiast - Level 2

After just switching from Cable to FIOS, I had to get my HP C4580 wireless printer back online too.

What was important was that the Printer settings knew about the IP and port changes that are impacted from the new network and router from Verizon.   How to do this is in your HP printer network setup manual and handled by their driver when its installed on the PC.

If all fails, try hooking up to your printer via an USB cable and start from there.  Make sure everything works wired before trying again from a wireless setup.  Youll end up with two printers in your Windows Printer choices, one for USB and one for Wireless, but thats no big deal.

Tmas

Micki5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issues and have tried doing the USB install.  I am having trouble getting any of my peripherals to connect to the internet with this router.  I had all the same things when I used my own router with cable and no issues, I can't connect any blue ray's, my printer, my Wii - only my laptops and iPhone/iPods.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes