Have FIOS Quantum router up and running - but now can't connect to Tivo or my Aria scale -help!
Speli

Getting my router set up was quick and easy, but now I have a problem that has me stumped. I am not a router expert, so need help.

Neither my Tivos nor my Aria scale can connect to my router.

Tivo sent me this page: http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/402

I am not sure that I am well-versed enough in router speak to figure it out on the admin dashboard.

Anybody who has run into this and has advice for me?

I have gone through the Tivo settings and Aria set-up, but both produce errors. For Tivo, it can't find the DHCP server. Aria just gives me a Wifi error message.

HELP!

0 Likes
Re: Have FIOS Quantum router up and running - but now can't connect to Tivo or my Aria scale -help!
Speli

Interestingly enough, as soon as I plugged in our old trusted ActionTec, my Tivo connected without a problem, and I got my Motorola NIM100 to stop blinking. Go figure. On the phone now with Verizon (on hold) to figure this out. If not, it's going back.

@Speli wrote:

Getting my router set up was quick and easy, but now I have a problem that has me stumped. I am not a router expert, so need help.

Neither my Tivos nor my Aria scale can connect to my router.

Tivo sent me this page: http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/402

I am not sure that I am well-versed enough in router speak to figure it out on the admin dashboard.

Anybody who has run into this and has advice for me?

I have gone through the Tivo settings and Aria set-up, but both produce errors. For Tivo, it can't find the DHCP server. Aria just gives me a Wifi error message.

HELP!

0 Likes
Re: Have FIOS Quantum router up and running - but now can't connect to Tivo or my Aria scale -help!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I want to say there is an issue with the new hardware and the NIM staying on the network.

may only have to do with Quantum STBs, though.

0 Likes
Speli

Well, after another call to Verizon, I now know that the Quantum router runs MoCa 1.2, but Tivo (and most likely my NIM100 although that may actually be 1.0) only support MoCa 1.1.

Hence, the Quantum will not work for me and will have to go back. Would have been nice to know before wasting hours troubleshooting.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Motorola NIM100's have not been supported over the Verizon network for years because it is only MOCA 1.0. Get a fios network extender instead.

0 Likes
Speli

Interesting - because with my Actiontec MI424WR I had no problems. Why would that work then?

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Just because you didn't have a problem does not mean it is supported. When they started using MOCA 1.1 they stopped supporting the NIM100. It causes conflicts on the network. The Quantum router uses MOCA 2.0.

0 Likes