Help viewing IP Cameras remotely
plagued
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have setup a couple of wireless IP cameras. They are setup with static LAN IPs of

192.168.1.81:81

192.168.1.82:82

I want to view at least one of them remotely, but can't figure out how to setup port forwarding, having tried multiple times and ways.

I have a MI424WR, Rev.E.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help viewing IP Cameras remotely
plagued
Enthusiast - Level 3

It appears I can't access those ports above 80 from here at work, and therefore to make it work,

I had to set it to HTTP, and port forward just one cam using only port 80.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nobalance
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actiontecs advanced port forwarding for FIOS and M1424W router.   The link is a PDF from Actiontec that instructs you how to setup port forwarding.

Hope you find what you need. 

nb

plagued
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, but I've been through that with no success getting it to work.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Try using a different port, something higher such as 8888 or something more obscure in case those lower ports are being blocked.  I'm sure some folks will reply that VZ is NOT blocking any ports, but give it a try, you got nothing to loose.  Make sure your IP camera is set to accept the newer port as well.

Jim

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Just a small correction: Verizon blocks Port 25 Outbound on Dynamic IP accounts.
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@plagued wrote:

I have setup a couple of wireless IP cameras. They are setup with static LAN IPs of

I want to view at least one of them remotely, but can't figure out how to setup port forwarding, having tried multiple times and ways.

I have a MI424WR, Rev.E.

Firewall settings

port forwarding

local host 192.168.1.81

protocols add

user defined

give it an app name if you want

new server ports

protocols presumably tcp?

source port ANY

destination port Single 81

ok

ok

ok

repeat for the other ip address and port

eljefe2
Master - Level 1

@viafax999 wrote:

@plagued wrote:

I have a MI424WR, Rev.E.

Firewall settings

port forwarding

local host 192.168.1.81

protocols add

user defined

give it an app name if you want

new server ports

protocols presumably tcp?

source port ANY

destination port Single 81

ok

ok

ok

repeat for the other ip address and port

You showed 192.168.1.81 viafax999 and the OP said 192.168.81.81.   Unless that was a typo on the OP's part I was going to suggest using 192.168.1.1.

plagued
Enthusiast - Level 3

It appears I can't access those ports above 80 from here at work, and therefore to make it work,

I had to set it to HTTP, and port forward just one cam using only port 80.

0 Likes
ipcanera
Enthusiast - Level 1

Look like you know about this things I have a few IP cameras at home all connected to the router all set correct and I can see all the cameras via the the internet from anywhere in the world, the problem is when I desconnet  one of the wireless camera from the router (unplug the wire and restart the camera) then the internet can't connect to the camera, do you have any suggestion? My router is actiontec MI424-wr rev-f

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ipcanera wrote:

Look like you know about this things I have a few IP cameras at home all connected to the router all set correct and I can see all the cameras via the the internet from anywhere in the world, the problem is when I desconnet  one of the wireless camera from the router (unplug the wire and restart the camera) then the internet can't connect to the camera, do you have any suggestion? My router is actiontec MI424-wr rev-f

#1 In the router go to Advanced -> Private LAN OR Advanced -> IP Address Distribution (Which ever exist in your router)

#2 What is the Starting and Ending IP Address?