Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS
  • WIRELESS
 
  • Services  

    Order Services

    See All Plans & Bundles

    Special Deals

    Moving

     

    Current Customers

    Add or Change Services

    Renew or Change Bundle

    FiOS

    About FiOS

    FiOS Internet

    FiOS TV

    FiOS Digital Voice

    Standard

    High Speed Internet (DSL)

    DIRECTV®

    Home Phone




    Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

  • My Verizon  

    Email & Calls

    Check Email

    Verizon Visual 411

     

     

    My Services

    Add or Change Services

    Renew or Change Bundle

    Review Account

    Manage My Internet

    Manage My Voice

     

    My Rewards+

    Manage My Rewards+

    Refer a Friend

     

     

     

  • Support  

    Community help

     

     

     

     

    Search Support



    Connect with us

    Verizon on Facebook Verizon on Twitter Verizon on Google Plus Verizon on YouTube

  • Watch FiOS  

    Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

    Watch Free TV & Movies

     

     

    Rent or Buy

    Set your TV Viewing Experience

  • Trending  

    Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

    News & Lifestyle

    Have a laugh, learn a trick and discover the awesomeness of FiOS. Explore FiOS Lounge today.

    FiOS Lounge

    Main

    Play

    Know

    Live

Reply
Copper Contributor
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎08-21-2008
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Help viewing IP Cameras remotely

I have setup a couple of wireless IP cameras. They are setup with static LAN IPs of

192.168.1.81:81

192.168.1.82:82

 

I want to view at least one of them remotely, but can't figure out how to setup port forwarding, having tried multiple times and ways.

 

I have a MI424WR, Rev.E.

 

Any help would be appreciated.

 

 

 

 

 

Contributor
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎01-09-2011

Re: Help viewing IP Cameras remotely

Actiontecs advanced port forwarding for FIOS and M1424W router.   The link is a PDF from Actiontec that instructs you how to setup port forwarding.

 

Hope you find what you need. 

 

nb

Copper Contributor
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎08-21-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Help viewing IP Cameras remotely

Thanks, but I've been through that with no success getting it to work.

Silver Contributor IV
Posts: 1,776
Registered: ‎05-14-2009

Re: Help viewing IP Cameras remotely

Try using a different port, something higher such as 8888 or something more obscure in case those lower ports are being blocked.  I'm sure some folks will reply that VZ is NOT blocking any ports, but give it a try, you got nothing to loose.  Make sure your IP camera is set to accept the newer port as well.

 

Jim

Platinum Contributor I
Posts: 6,429
Registered: ‎12-15-2010

Re: Help viewing IP Cameras remotely

Just a small correction: Verizon blocks Port 25 Outbound on Dynamic IP accounts.
All Star
Posts: 1,939
Registered: ‎11-10-2009
Device: Chromecast Roku TV
Plan: Digital Voice, 75/75
Location: Westford MA

Re: Help viewing IP Cameras remotely


plagued wrote:

I have setup a couple of wireless IP cameras. They are setup with static LAN IPs of

192.168.1.81:81

192.168.1.82:82

 

I want to view at least one of them remotely, but can't figure out how to setup port forwarding, having tried multiple times and ways.

 

I have a MI424WR, Rev.E.

 

Any help would be appreciated.

 

 

 

 

 


Firewall settings

port forwarding

local host 192.168.1.81

protocols add

user defined

give it an app name if you want

new server ports

protocols presumably tcp?

source port ANY

destination port Single 81

ok

ok

ok

repeat for the other ip address and port

 

Silver Contributor IV
Posts: 1,106
Registered: ‎12-14-2009

Re: Help viewing IP Cameras remotely


viafax999 wrote:

plagued wrote:

I have setup a couple of wireless IP cameras. They are setup with static LAN IPs of

192.168.1.81:81

192.168.1.82:82

 

I want to view at least one of them remotely, but can't figure out how to setup port forwarding, having tried multiple times and ways.

 

I have a MI424WR, Rev.E.

 

Any help would be appreciated.

 

 

 

 

 


Firewall settings

port forwarding

local host 192.168.1.81

protocols add

user defined

give it an app name if you want

new server ports

protocols presumably tcp?

source port ANY

destination port Single 81

ok

ok

ok

repeat for the other ip address and port

 


You showed 192.168.1.81 viafax999 and the OP said 192.168.81.81.   Unless that was a typo on the OP's part I was going to suggest using 192.168.1.1.

Copper Contributor
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎08-21-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Help viewing IP Cameras remotely

It appears I can't access those ports above 80 from here at work, and therefore to make it work,

I had to set it to HTTP, and port forward just one cam using only port 80.

Contributor
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎05-19-2011

Re: Help viewing IP Cameras remotely

 

Look like you know about this things I have a few IP cameras at home all connected to the router all set correct and I can see all the cameras via the the internet from anywhere in the world, the problem is when I desconnet  one of the wireless camera from the router (unplug the wire and restart the camera) then the internet can't connect to the camera, do you have any suggestion? My router is actiontec MI424-wr rev-f

Gold Contributor VII
Posts: 5,503
Registered: ‎09-24-2008

Re: Help viewing IP Cameras remotely


ipcanera wrote:

 

Look like you know about this things I have a few IP cameras at home all connected to the router all set correct and I can see all the cameras via the the internet from anywhere in the world, the problem is when I desconnet  one of the wireless camera from the router (unplug the wire and restart the camera) then the internet can't connect to the camera, do you have any suggestion? My router is actiontec MI424-wr rev-f


#1 In the router go to Advanced -> Private LAN OR Advanced -> IP Address Distribution (Which ever exist in your router)

 

#2 What is the Starting and Ending IP Address?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.


 

 

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

  • Visual 411