Help with logging into my router to change WEP Key
IbiT

Hello,

I recently joined FIOS (a great decision on my part.) Anyways, while connecting to the internet, I realized that I wanted to reset my WEP Key (much simpler for my family to remember.) Anyways, I figured out how to reset the router (the default admin, password combination was not working.) However, when I went to log in the admin/password combo was not working again, even though I read somewhere that resetting the router would bring it back to those settings. Please help, and thank you.

Ibi T

0 Likes
Re: Help with logging into my router to change WEP Key
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sure you held the reset button in for at least 10 seconds?   A simple quick "reset" doesn't clear the settings on the router, you need to hold the button in for at least 10 seconds before releasing it in order to reset to factory settings.   Depending on the version of firmware, the default password sequence could be admin/password, admin/password1, admin/serial number, or it could just come up with a screen which will let you select your own userid/password combination the first time.

Once logged in, select Wireless Settings, Advanced, and set the wireless to be WPA2.