How can I get FIOS?
cmeade21
Enthusiast - Level 2

About 2 years ago Verizon construction crews routed an orange pipe for the FIOS cable onto the phone pole behind my house. Since then, almost all of the surrounding blocks and neighborhoods have been hooked up with FIOS. But for some reason, they never tied off the last leg of the cable behind my house.

I have stopped numerous Verizon trucks and asked about the issue and talked to a lot of Verizon representatives on the phone. But no one seems to be able to route me to the person who schedules these sorts of jobs.

It is gettting really frustrating with slow Verison DSL internet, and I am thinking about dumping Verzon all together and going over to COMCAST which is offering a similarly priced "triple play" package.

Of course I would be happy to stay if I could find a way to get hooked up to FIOS.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I live in Washington DC in the 20015 zip code.

0 Likes
Re: How can I get FIOS?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do any of your immediate neighbors have FiOS? I'd place bets on the Availability Database being incorrect. It happens from time to time, and to be honest, isn't very uncommon at all. If your neighbors can get it, put in a request into engineering to see if they can fix that for you. A Verizon Employee here should be able to help you out when they see this post.

0 Likes
cmeade21
Enthusiast - Level 2

None of the immediate neighbors who would be serviced by the phone pole in the back have it. But they have it in the next block and all of the surrounding blocks.

And even though I keep receiving flyers in the mail telling me to sign up for FIOS (because everyone else in the neighborhood can), the database says I am not going to receive it for a while.

It would be great if someone from Verizon could chime in. I'm sure there is a phone number to call that can fix this problem.

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

We can look into this for you. I have sent you a private message to get more information.

0 Likes
cmeade21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks!

I got the message and responded.

Hopefully this will work

0 Likes