Re: How fast/slow is FIOS wifi speed supposed to be?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

A) I never suggested he run the optimizer.

I said run the NDT tool and it will give him the info he needs to see if the optimizer is necc.

B) I agreed that it will not fix an issue as described, and that a single point of failure is his issue, i.e. the router wifi.

C) Doing an upgrade install of windows is what MOST People do.  (if you were even remotely involved in the PC industry you would know that)  Sounds like you're not.

D) There aren't any other problems in the registry exhibiting problems in the hypothetical situation, so why waste the time, when it's only one problem and two min worth of work? 

I think you're confusing posters and who you are responding to.   We are not all one autonomous being, we're individuals, and what I Suggested is nothing like the description in your response.   Again. "attention to detail".

0 Likes
db909
Contributor - Level 3

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

C) Doing an upgrade install of windows is what MOST People do.  (if you were even remotely involved in the PC industry you would know that)  Sounds like you're not.

"In practice, upgrades have often caused problems."

"Some benchmarks have found that upgrade installs perform more slowly than clean installs, which isn’t surprising"

http://www.howtogeek.com/142743/htg-explains-why-you-should-perform-clean-installs-not-upgrades/

"Bottom line, these issues mean that doing an in-place upgrade of an OS could be traumatic no matter whether you are starting with XP or Vista. "
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/dont-upgrade-to-windows-7-clean-install-instead/2910
Actually what most people do is nothing.  They stick with the old OS they have and get a new OS when they get a new PC.  I have been in the industry for 25+ years and for a residential user that has done who knows what to that OS, running all kinds of free optimizers ahd fixit programs I would not touch an OS upgrade with a 10 ft pole.  A clean install is more work up front, but like a lot of other things in life, the easy way rarely pays off.
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

25+ years and you don't realize or recognize that what you do is probably different then what most average users that do this on their own do?

is that true, or is it cognitive dissonance?

What you and I do is the correct way, that's probably why we are remotely good at what we do.  If everyone was as good as you, do you think best buy would have a lucrative geek squad business? 

come on.