How long until Fios is available in my area????
btouw
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Fiancee' and I are getting ready to make settlement on a brand new townhouse in Williamstown, Nj. Unfortunately, we recently discovered that Fios is not available at our address. How long should is typically take to get service in a new developing area? There are a lot of houses already occupied in our development, so it's not like we are the only ones there so far. There are single family homes, condo's, and townhouses. After spending hours on the phone with Comcast today, I am really dreading having to deal with them for a year or more possibly!

Re: How long until Fios is available in my area????
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are the neighbors or are neighboring neighborhoods able to order FiOS?

0 Likes
btouw
Enthusiast - Level 1

The single family homes near us have Fios available. I checked a few random addrsses and found out that Fios was available over there.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your immediate neighbors are able to get it, I would certainly ask Verizon to put in a ticket into engineering to see what the deal is with their database. Might take a few days to a few weeks but it will get availability for you.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Many townhouse are multi-family dwellings.  Who ever runs them or the association for them may have to approach FIOS about wiring them for FIOS.