How to block interner access on MI424WR-GEN3I?
dave_NOVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

All connections to my MI424WR-GEN3I router are ethernet, through an external 8-port switch. With router defaults restored, my computer and printer get DHCP IP address allocations and two other devices get "Static" IP address allocations.In the router's control panel Network Pane, the devices with DHCP IP addresses provide the option to "Rename this Device", while the two devices with static IP address devices do not provide this option. I would like to be able to assign a name to each of the devices with the static IP addresses (currently they do not have any name shown). I would also like to block internet access for one of these devices. I want the internet blocking to remain with the device even after a router reboot due to a momentary power failure. Can someone tell me how to do this?

0 Likes
Re: How to block interner access on MI424WR-GEN3I?
CaptainSTX
Contributor - Level 3

Can't help you with the issue of assigning names to devices with static IPs.

To block internet access you need to do the following:

1.  Assign the device a static IP

2.  Go into Parental Controls and check the box to block internet access for that device.

Just be aware that the blocking can very easily be defeated by the user of the device using Windows, or a simple free utility to assign a device another IP or even another MAC address.

0 Likes