How to get Verizon FiOS Installed in an apartment building with Verizon HSI?
rpdenton

What I would like to know is how I can get a Verizon representative to come out to my apartment complex to survey the building and then have FiOS installed. What is the process, and who should I contact? Preferably an email address of a Verizon representative that could help me with this particular issue. I've been navigating the Verizon website as well as other forums and have yet to find any helpful information.

I live in an apartment complex two blocks from a large University. The only Internet service provider for my building is Verizon, but when I spoke to a representative at the local Verizon store they informed me that my building doesn't get FiOS so the only option would be to buy their Verizon HSI Internet service, which would be a 7mb download speed for $50 a month, which to me seems a little ridiculous.

My landlord said something about trying to get FiOS for our building but he manages several properties in town and I'm not sure where this particular issue falls on his list of priorities. I'm just trying to help expedite the process. The apartments less than 50 yards away have FiOS, and a Charter representative actually came to my apartment a few weeks ago because a different Charter representative whom I had spoken with on the phone said Charter provided high speed internet service to my apartment building. But apparently my building was just within 100 feet (maybe 1000, I forget) from a location serviced by Charter Internet, so that was a dead end.

I would really appreciate any feedback, thank you.

0 Likes
Re: How to get Verizon FiOS Installed in an apartment building with Verizon HSI?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

For a building, it is the owners responsibility to contact Verizon.

Maybe get a group of tenants together to press the landlord to act.

And depending on where you live, Verizon is selling off their FIOS assets outside of the north east so I wouldn't expect them to do much to expand outside of that area.

Re: How to get Verizon FiOS Installed in an apartment building with Verizon HSI?
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Verizon is not currently doing any new build outs other than what they have already committed to.