How to request FIOS service in my area?
Rannison

Hi,

I just moved to my first home in San Bernardino, CA.  It is a manufactured home in a park, and I was able to get a great deal and pay it off completely.  I was so excited about it, I didn't stop to question the internet service available in the area; afterall, what rock do you have to hide under to not find internet in America in this day and age (or so I thought)?

To my disbelief, only the units on the outer perimeter can get service!!!!!!  The only thing that is available to me is DSL, and even then it was a HUGE hassle to get it setup because the technicians have to piggyback the lines from a really messed up terminal along the neighbors' backyards!  The speed is so horrible, I just want to cry most nights, and my wife literally has cried on occasion!  I download everything from my cell phone because it's faster, and my cell phone service is anything but fast.  The only other alternative is Dish, and there's a pathetic 30gig limit per month; that wouldn't even last 3 days between my wife, me, and my roommates.

I don't need TV.  I don't need a phone line.  Hell, I can even live without heating or air conditioning, but the one thing I need is good internet!  I've had to cancel my Hulu and Netflix, completely give up on any form of online gaming, download all my media needs from work or on my cell phone, and overall our entire household is absolutely miserable, to the point that I am considering selling this place to move elsewhere.  Not to mention, for my job I need access to internet from home at all times, this is really screwing up my life!

We were on 75/35 and already thinking of upgrading to a higher speed plan, so to put that in perspective we are now getting less than 1/1.  I'm not rich, I'm supporting a household of 4 as the only income, but I can afford internet, it's a necessity for me.  I am willing to sign away $150 for a long-term contract, even if it's 5 years, that's $9,000 in revenue; I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that would cover the cost of laying down some lines!  Not to mention, there are more than a hundred units in the park, all the potential customers Verizon could have would definitely be to their monetary advantage.  I just can't understand why they don't want to lay down some lines?

Anyway, I don't have much knowledge about this industry so I'm not sure where to begin to petition for this request.  If needed, I can personally go door-to-door and get committed answers for the need for FIOS in our park, I know for a fact I'm not alone in my frustrations here.  There's not much I won't do in order to get some decent internet!  I hope someone can help point me in the right direction.

Thank you all for your help!

0 Likes
Re: How to request FIOS service in my area?
thegreenanole

I am having the same issue, but in Rhode Island, on the other side of the country. This DSL I have is painfully slow, and I want to upgrade to FiOS, but after years of waiting... it isn't here yet. This is aggravating! I have had Verizon for my cell service and Internet (and landline) since 2006 and I don't want to have to switch companies to get fast Internet. I love Verizon, and you are by and large the best network out there.

Some places on this island have FiOS per your website, but also per your website, my street address does not. And has not. And it's been several years.

Please tell me and this other person what one needs to do to get faster internet! I would love to get FiOS. 

0 Likes
Re: How to request FIOS service in my area?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon doesn't provide service in Ca.

They sold it all to Frontier.

You will need to contact them to see if they provide service in your area.

0 Likes